Last month was National Donate Life Month and Taylor's Gift Foundation launched a month-long campaign to encourage individuals to 'Outlive Yourself' by registering to be an organ donor, sharing the importance of organ donation with their network, or giving to support the work of Taylor's Gift Foundation in supporting the families of organ donors.
Nearly 100 individuals indicated interest in learning more about how to register to be an organ donor and nearly 20,000 individuals visited the Taylor's Gift website throughout the month to learn more about the powerful work and mission of the Foundation. In addition, we received over 1,300 applications for the Taylor's Gift Scholarship presented by the NIKE Global Socks Team!
Throughout the month, hundreds of individuals participated both online and through special events held throughout the month to support the powerful message of organ donation. We are so grateful for all of the support for many of the individuals who gave both their time and resources to support and share the mission and message of the 'Outlive Yourself' movement!
We Reached Our Goal!
Thanks dozens of individuals both in the United States and worldwide, we surpassed our online fundraising goal of $5,000 to support more organ donor families through our Legacy Gift program!
We raised over $6,000, which is a new record for the Foundation for online giving in one month. Thank you again to all of the wonderful individuals who supported us to reach this goal.
A special thank you to the following individuals:
- Tony Bridwell, author of The Newsmaker, who supported Taylor’s Gift through proceeds from his book launch in April.
- David Apple of LegacyER & Urgent Care, who supported the Foundation through sharing the ‘Outlive Yourself’ message through the LegacyER & Urgent Care platform.
- Brad Linder of Get You In Shape, who organized an amazing charity workout to benefit Taylor’s Gift Foundation.
- Holly and Todd Kerr of J. Macklin’s Grill who hosted a Give Back day with a portion of all restaurant sales supporting Taylor’s Gift Foundation.
- Ashley Zorn with Kendra Scott - West Village for hosting the Outlive Yourself Awards Kickoff Reception with 20% of all sales from the event going back to Taylor’s Gift.
- Facebook Fan Groups, including Alex O'Loughlin: Actions for Life - Supporting Taylor's Gift Foundation and Alex O'Loughlin Fans for Organ Donation and others who generously support a cause important to actor, Alex O’Loughlin who is an Advisory Board Member and Celebrity Spokesperson for Taylor’s Gift Foundation.
And the many others who supported Taylor's Gift through campaigns, events, and sharing the 'Outlive Yourself' message with their network.
Four Incredible Events!
From the 4th Annual Outlive Yourself Awards Kickoff Reception hosted by Kendra Scott to an incredible charity workout with Get You in Shape, and an amazing Sporting Clays Tournament and Charity Give-Back at J. Macklin's Grill, the month was filled with so many events to support and celebrate the mission of Taylor's Gift Foundation. A huge thank you to everyone who came out to support the Foundation through these special events.
Sharing the Outlive Yourself Message!
We shared the powerful Outlive Yourself message online through different social media posts as well as through a Facebook Profile Frame. Throughout the month of April, 160 individuals changed their profile picture on Facebook to show support for Taylor's Gift and the powerful message of organ donation.
Once again, thank you to the hundreds of supporters who made April, National Donate Life Month, a truly incredible month that helped share the powerful message of organ donation worldwide.
If you'd like to learn more about how you can continue to share the 'Outlive Yourself' message and participate in future campaigns and events, enter your e-mail in the form below to receive updates from us!