April - a month that is close to our hearts - is a very special time of year for us at Taylor's Gift Foundation. Not only is April the birth month of our namesake, Taylor, it is also "National Donate Life Month".
National Donate Life Month is a time to both honor those who have saved lives through the gift of life, as well as encourage Americans to register as organ, eye, and tissue donors themselves; overall, it is a nationwide effort to help spread the hope of the gift of life.
With the help of wonderful friends, we have some great ways for you to participate, celebrate, educate, and encourage those around you to become registered organ donors!
We are so excited to kick off this special month with OPI Taylor Blue nail polish relaunching, new technology partnerships with Spotify and RunAds, fun events and speaking engagements, and even a few celebrity surprises. We hope you'll join us as we celebrate the gift of life!
Paint it Forward
It’s back by popular demand! 2013 marked the first year of our extremely popular launch of OPI’s “Taylor Blue” nail polish. The little blue bottle was a worldwide success! With sales made in every state of the US - as well as Canada, South America, Europe, and Australia - we are excited to see the reach it will make this year.
Last year, proceeds from Taylor Blue kick started our Legacy Gift program - something we established to financially help families touched by organ donation. This year, we will continue to fund our Legacy Gift and Taylor’s Gift National Scholarship programs, in addition to the mission of our foundation.
This year, we have brought Taylor Blue back with the help of some very special celebrity friends and Taylor’s Gift spokespeople.
Love gymnastics? Watch for Olympic Gold Medal winner Carly Patterson!
Can’t get enough of the CBS’ Survivor? Watch and listen for Jeff Probst this April with his message to Outlive Yourself.
Are you a Hawaii Five-O fan? Alex O’Loughlin has some special news for you this April, too!
Listen, Watch and Click
Thanks to Spotify, the world’s leading commercial streaming music service, you’ll have the opportunity to hear new Taylor’s Gift radio announcements. Carly Patterson, Alex O’Loughlin, and Jeff Probst have all chipped in to help promote Paint it Forward in support of organ donation awareness! Be on the lookout for the new 'Outlive Yourself' banners that will be featured in the Spotify player, too. Thanks to our talented and creative friends at Firehouse for the great work on these!
Get Spotify for free on your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. Visit Spotify.com - or the app store on your device - and download the free app to enjoy millions of songs right at your fingertips.
Our friends at RunAds, in partnership with their "Run Fund", will be showcasing our new digital creative banners on sites across the web. When you see one of our digital banners, click to learn more!
Speaking Engagements and Events
Speaking Engagements: There are some great speaking engagements on the calendar for the month of April. Co-founders Todd and Tara Storch will continue to present their inspiring and motivating message on what it means to 'Outlive Yourself' at high schools, churches, and universities across the state.
- 3rd: Coppell Gifted Association Creative Writing Competition Awards (5:45 pm @ Coppell High School)
- 5th: Community Festival (11:00 am @ Argyle High School)
- 6th: Kappa Alpha Theta House Meeting (7:30 pm @ The University of Oklahoma)
- 16th: Fellowship of Christian Athletes: Nothing Ice Cream Won't Fix (7:30 pm @ Brackett High School)
- 21st: Texas A&M Aggie Muster - Graham, Texas (7:30 pm @ Wildcatter Ranch & Resort)
Events: If you are in the Dallas, Texas area during the month of April, consider joining us at some of these great upcoming events!
- 10th: April Foos Tournament - Grab a team "be ruthlessly humilitated in front of your judgemental industry peers" at the 4th Annual April Foos Tournament! This fun event is hosted by our friends at Firehouse! Be sure to register your team by April 8.
- 24th: Sporting Clays - We'd love to see you at our 3rd Annual Sporting Clay Tournament happening at the Dallas Gun Club. It is a favorite event of our regular participants and volunteers, and this year we are thrilled to be joined by Beretta’s Olympic shooters Dakotah Richardson and Vincent Hancock!
- 25th: Give Back Event - Stop in for lunch or dinner (and be sure to get some Hip Chips) at J. Macklin's Grill (located in Coppell) anytime between 11:00 am and 11:00 pm for the "Taylor's Gift Give Back" event - a grassroots event that gives 20% back to Taylor's Gift featuring a Kendra Scott Jewelry Trunk Show from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
Walgreens: Additionally, in support of National Donate Life Month, 12 Dallas-area Walgreens will be giving customers the opportunity to add a Taylor’s Gift contribution to their purchase. Both Taylor Blue nail polish and the book Taylor's Gift will be available to purchase in-store. Stop by to support Taylor’s Gift and organ donation. And be sure to thank Walgreens for their generous efforts!
Help Us Celebrate
There are so many ways to show your support of organ donation during this year's National Donate Life month!
- Purchase a celebrity signed bottle of Taylor Blue
- Paint it Forward and post a picture of your Taylor Blue nails on our Facebook page
- Grab some Taylor's Gift bracelets for your office and share Taylor's story
- Get the statistics on organ donation and tell a friend about your decision to register to be an organ donor
- Consider attending one of our upcoming events
- Learn more about hosting a Grassroots event of your own
- Or simply register to become an organ donor
Sharing the gift of life of organ donation is a beautiful way to ‘Outlive Yourself’!