On September 18, 2018 nearly 300 guests attended the 4th Annual Outlive Yourself Awards in Trinity Groves. The event was presented by The Liver Institute at Methodist Dallas, The Transplant Institute at Methodist Dallas and Methodist Transplant Specialists, and funds raised support Taylor’s Gift.
The event lineup for the evening included event Chair Robin Bagwell, co-founders Tara and Todd Storch, Joe Winters, husband of Taylor’s heart recipient, and Kristin Cooper whose husband, Tim, was able to save lives when he suddenly passed and donated his organs.
"As one who has been given a second chance at life through organ donation, Norm feels that Taylor's Gift Foundation is a difference-maker offering hope and support in the most difficult of situations. We were honored to serve as chairs of this year's event," said Robin and Norm Bagwell, event co-chairs.
Taylor’s Gift made an exciting announcement that they will be partnering with Southwest Transplant Alliance (STA) in the creation of “Taylor’s Place”, a special area in the upcoming new STA organ and tissue recovery center in Dallas. Taylor’s Place will be a special part in the building just for organ donor families.
The highlight of the event was celebrating the two amazing honorees Dr. Liza Johannesson, a transplant surgeon, and Mrs. Meg Bacino, a living organ donor.
"Every day is a blessing. Receiving an organ changes a life overnight. I cannot describe how emotional it is to realize another family is grieving while you are rejoicing that your family member is being given another chance. Organ donation is in fact a "Gift of Life" and is the true definition of ‘Outliving Yourself.’" - Mrs. Meg Bacino
"I think many people do not believe they can make a difference. But everyone can, you don't have to be privileged, advantaged or special to make a difference. Use your specific talent and invest your time and energy not in what is, but what can be." - Dr. Liza Johannesson
Proceeds from the event supports the mission of Taylor’s Gift.
2018 Event Sponsors include:
- Presenting Sponsor- The Liver Institute at Methodist Dallas, The Transplant Institute at Methodist Dallas and Methodist Transplant Specialists
- Valet Sponsor - Bank of Texas
- Bronze Sponsors - The Patricia Dedman Family Foundation, Mr. Cooper, Southwest Transplant Alliance
- Mystery Bag Sponsor - Modern Acupuncture
- Awards Sponsor - Tiffany’s
- Wine Sponsor - Ben E. Keith
- Beer Sponsor - Four Corners
- Beverage Sponsor - Republic National Distributing Company
- Listed Sponsor- Wilcox Investment Bankers
2018 Host Committee members include:
- Dr. Tiffany Anthony and Mr. Chris Williams
- Stacy and David Apple
- Saryn and Jonathan Dietz
- Shaley and Javier Espinosa
- Karen and Tobin Hartman
- Susan and Albert Hoover
- Shelly and Clay Huffstutter
- Elizabeth Hughes
- Roanne and James Lasater
- Lisa and Frank Marshall
- Stephanie and Bruce McGovern
- Annalisa and Andy Mena
- Ryan Sienty
- Sandi and Dr. Bill Taylor
- Juli and Kary Taylor
- Carmen and Lance White
- Michelle and Kyle Young