Three things you should know about April:
- 1. It's National Donate Life Month
- 2. It's the month that Taylor's Gift Foundation was established (2010)
- 3. It's the month that Taylor's Gift: A Courageous Story of Giving Life and Renewing Hope was released (2013)
National Donate Life Month: Why It's A Big Deal
Everyday, the waiting list grows a little longer. With over 123,400 people that are waiting for a life-saving transplant, it's crucial that we continue working together to raise awareness around organ donation.
3 Ways to Celebrate National Donate Life Month, Today
1.Talk about it - It can be awkward at first, we know, but it gets a little easier everytime. Start with this conversation starter or one of these stories and let loved ones know they can register in less than 60 seconds at TaylorsGift.org/register
2. Get the facts - There are a lot of myths out there about organ donation, but there are a lot more facts! Read nine facts you need to know about organ donation to get started.
3. Outlive Yourself - You're already registered as an organ donor, so take it one step further. Give something that lasts: pay someone a thoughtful compliment, gift a meal to someone out of love, help a neighbor with a project... the ways you can Outlive Yourself are limitless. Check out simple ways to Outlive Yourself, today.
National Donate Life Month: Stay Tuned
We're excited to share with you some exciting ways to get involved this month. Stay tuned for updates on how YOU can make an impact for National Donate Life Month.